Same Day Implants
Written by Dr. Jesse Hofer, DMD August 4, 2023 21:27
Dental implants are a perfect solution for replacing missing teeth and regaining lost confidence. At Precision Dentistry, we offer same-day implants that involve a simple surgical procedure that is performed in our office. Implants are a great choice for many patients because they closely mimic the look, feel, and function of natural teeth. You’ll be able to eat normally with your new artificial teeth, and they can easily remain with you for the rest of your life.
Who Is Eligible for Same-Day Dental Implants
Anyone who has lost teeth can benefit from dental implants. Patients with good oral health qualify for the procedure, as are those who currently have periodontal disease, as long as you are treating it. Our dentists will examine your teeth and gums and discuss whether any other treatments are needed before dental implant surgery can proceed.
We suggest booking your consultation as soon as you lose your teeth. Otherwise, you may be at risk for the following oral problems:
- Bite alteration
- Chewing difficulty
- Jaw joint pain
- Moving and shifted teeth
- Stress on other teeth
At Precision Dentistry in Oyster Bay, we offer dental implants and many other patient-focused dental treatment options. You can count on our team's 30 years of combined experience and commitment to improving your health.
We can help you take charge of your oral health and feel good about your smile. You don't have to let missing teeth put a strain on your daily activities and relationships. Restore your teeth and your confidence with dental implants. Contact us today!
What to Expect From Our Same-Day Implants Surgical Procedure
Our office makes receiving dental implants easy and as painless as possible, and we offer same-day or next-day options for your procedure. If you and your dentist determine that same-day teeth implants are appropriate and preferable for you, here’s what you can expect:
- Consultation & planning: You will first meet with our dental specialist so we can examine your mouth and discuss your health. We personalize a treatment plan based on your bone health and mouth layout.
- Implant installation: Before the procedure, we will administer anesthesia and possible sedation to ensure your comfort. If you have any teeth that need to be extracted, the doctor will extract the teeth before beginning the surgery. (Yes, extraction and implant same day is possible!) During surgery, your dentist will place the implants into your jaw bone, where they will integrate. In some cases, a temporary bridge or crown may be utilized, which allows you to have functional teeth during the healing process.
- Healing: You can expect the healing process to last a few weeks, as the bone needs enough time to secure the implant. You should try to eat soft foods in the first two weeks after your surgery, slowly transitioning back to your normal diet. Remember to floss and brush your teeth two or three times a day, and stay on top of good oral hygiene habits. Investing in your oral health improves your confidence and prevents numerous diseases!
Same-Day Dental Implants: Benefits
Dental implants can improve the health of your remaining natural teeth and prevent your jaw from collapsing or shrinking. Because implants are made from highly durable materials, you don’t have to worry about replacing them again.
Dental implants can also benefit you in the following ways:
- Implants keep the bone structure intact by offering support.
- They protect neighboring teeth and help avoid bridgework.
- Unlike dentures, there is no difficulty with speaking, moving, or eating.
- Implants feel and look just like natural teeth!
- They remain firmly anchored to the mouth, as opposed to dentures, which tend to be quite loose.
Same-Day Dental Implants: Cost
So, now you know what to expect from the procedure, but how much do same-day dental implants cost?
The answer to this question, as you might expect, varies widely depending on your situation. Factors affecting the final cost include how many implants you need, whether you require a temporary bridge, crown, or denture placement, and the number of appointments you may need for post-op care or treatment. We will go over all of this with you during your initial consultation so there won’t be any unexpected costs. We will also discuss your insurance options and answer any questions you have.